We get a little bit excited about Black Friday weekend every year – there’s an undeniable buzz surrounding this particular sale period and we all get caught up in it, but what actuallyis Black Friday?
There are several myths surrounding the origin of ‘Black Friday’ – the most famous, and arguably most glamorous, is a conspiracy concocted by two stock market financiers who bought up as much gold in America as they could so that they could sell it later at super high profits. When their plan was unravelled the day after Thanksgiving, shops who had been operating ‘in the red’ (at a financial loss) were finally able to register their takings ‘in the black’, ie, at a profit.
In actual fact, it was to do with the raucous behaviour of the crowds that flocked to Philadelphia in anticipation of the Army vs Navy annual football game on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving, which caused a headache for the police force year after year. The term ‘Black Friday’ didn’t quite catch on across the US until years later, and took longer still to expand across the pond to the UK and other countries around the world. Now we see it everywhere, and with the digital age on the rise, we saw the addition of Cyber Monday in 2005, which has turned the single day sales into a 4 day weekend in which retailers and shoppers alike can get swept up in the excitement of the season!
As interesting as the albeit dark history of the term Black Friday is, we know you probably have some questions about what this sale means for you and your orders, so we’ve put together a little FAQ based on the last four years of Black Friday sales to help you!
- I want to stock up with glue but don’t want them to go to waste. What’s the shelf life?
The shelf life of an unopened glue bottle is 6 months from the date of production. We just had a new delivery for Black Friday so all glues will be perfectly fine if you stock up with a few! Just remember to store them in the airtight container, away from direct sunlight and protect them from high temperature, and only buy what you will definitely use!
- I’ve ordered earlier but want to add more, how can I do this?
Unfortunately due to an extremely high volume of orders, our warehouse staff will be unable to merge parcels or add any additional items to orders during this period! We know it’s exciting and you want to be FAST but this year our sale is on for two whole weeks, so you have plenty of time!
- I haven’t ordered from you before but want to take advantage of your discounts, what should I try?
There are a few must-haves that should definitely be in your basket:
- Our absolute best-selling dream team for increased retention: BOOSTER & SUPERBONDER! Booster is used before the treatment to improve the bonding between natural lash and extensions. You can also apply it to the lash strip to prevent volume fans from closing! Superbonder is then applied at the end of the treatment to cure the glue and make the bonding more elastic which improves the retention. It also amazingly reduces glue fumes and allows the client to get their lashes wet straight after the treatment! Perfect for those who swim, shower soon after treatment, or those who love a good cry!
- Slay pretreatment every time with the iconic duo Cleanser and Primer – opt for the Pro versions for an extra layer of luxury with the dreamy coconut scent!
- Our most popular lashes – Mayfair 0.07 – perfect for volume sets up to 5D and very easy to fan! We have a whole extra blog post all about the different types of lashes that we offer, so head here to find your next favourite!
- And my personal favourite – Flexie glue! 1 second drying time, with a wide range of humidity and syrup like consistency for the perfect amount of glue!
- How many glues can I buy? Is there a limit?
We recommend purchasing a maximum of 5-6 glue bottles at once, to make sure you will use them all within their shelf life! The same goes for any liquids such as Cleanser and Primer – any orders containing more than 10 of ANY item will be flagged to our team who may be in touch, and may need to reduce the number of any particular item in your order. This isn’t because we want to be mean or upset anyone, we just want to be sure that every product you open is fresh, working perfectly, and puts a smile on your face. We also want to make sure there’s enough of everything to go around!
- Will my personal discount code work too?
Unfortunately not, all discount codes have been disabled for the duration of the sale. Once the sale is over, you’ll be able to use your code just like normal!
- How long will delivery of my order take?
We’re doing everything we can to ensure there are no significant delays to the sending or receiving of parcels – we’re having as many staff as we can whilst still following all COVID-19 regulations, and will be working some extra hours to ensure that we don’t get snowed under, we just ask that you’re patient with us!
- I sent an email but haven’t heard back 🙁
We’re trying very hard to have all messages answered as quickly as we possibly can, but as you can probably imagine, we have quite a high volume of inquiries around the sales! The BEST thing to do is to only message on one platform, be it Email, Instagram, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger – all of these come to one central hub which is looked after by our whole Customer Care team, so we will get back to you as soon as we can!
- Is it worth waiting until later in the sale for bigger discounts?
To put it simply, no. In the name of fairness, the discounts you see on any product are as low as the product will go during the sale, there won’t be any instances where prices are decreased any further.
- What if I buy something and I don’t like it?
We will always try to make any returns process as simple as possible, and will always work with you to find out how to improve your experience with that particular product, or to find an alternative. We might need to ask some follow up questions – not because we don’t trust you, but because we want to know the nitty-gritty and solve the problem from the very root!
Have loads of fun with your Black Friday shopping, we’re here if you need us and we can’t wait to see what you got! Tag us in your IG stories! 🎉
Lots of love,